The historic First Presbyterian Church was built in 1917, the original church was built in 1836 and was located near the present Catholic Church on the east side of Coleman.
In 2005 the members of the First Presbyterian Church made the decision to donate the facility to a local non-profit organization that would utilize the building to promote Coleman, local organizations and artists and be available for the use of the community CHAPS presented a proposal to the Church Board, and consequently became the new owners in March 2005.
Fundraising projects and donation requests will be pursued to generate funds for monthly expenses and upgrading the facility. Grants will be pursued to help fund the necessary projects for Heritage Hall, including those available from the State for Historical Properties.
Currently funds are being pursued to provide a building at the Museum for permanent location for the antique LeFrance fire engine to the Museum it will be available for everyone's enjoyment.
The Coleman Museum is located inside Heritage Hall and is open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. There are many very interesting items on display and more will be added as donated/loaned items are received. Donations or loan of items may be made by contacting the office at 325-625-2000 and leave a message, your call will be returned by a board member.
Board of Directors:
President - Josh Meadow
Vice President - Kathy Andrews
Secretary - Farrah Meadow
Treasurer - Nicole Hart
Yolinda Weston, Trena Claywell, Brian Claywell, Ruth Ann Taylor, Liz Jones, Heaven Bedell, Randy Turner, Lemoine Knox